Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Haruka

When I wake up in the morning, I shiver with cold recently. I don’t want to get up from my bed. It is remarkably cold and windy even in the day. Winter has been coming to Queensland gradually. In Australia, the leaves don’t turn colourfully in autumn. I miss seeing the coloured leaves on the road or the mountain. I don’t have warm clothes actually. I’d thought that Australia is really hot anytime, so I didn’t bring them. Don’t Australian people feel cold? I saw lots of people in short sleeve shirt in the city a few days ago. Some people wore nice warm clothes, but some people especially men wore clothes which looked for summer. I hope they did not get cold. Please take care your self, anyway.

4 comments:

Kamikaze English said...

I've recognised a nip in winter lately.
However, I like winter. Winter is a good season, isn't it?
By Rei

Kamikaze English said...

Hi!!
I already got a cold.
Any way I think so too. I don't want to wake up.
Did you have cold??


From Tomoyo

Hobbit said...

Hi, Rei. Thank you for your comment.
I like winter, too. We can eat lots of yummy foods, ski on the white ski run, play in the snow. We also have some important events in the winter, Christmas, New year day and my birthday!!
I am excited in the winter.

Haruka

just_susan said...

Hello Haruka,
It's true we don't have a true autumn as you are used to in Japan. Some trees do change leaf colour before the leaves finally fall to the ground but not many of them so it's hard to notice it. I used to have a lot of Liquid Amber trees in my last house. They have a lovely shaped leaf a bit like a maple leaf. The leaves change to a beautiful red and then on to brown before falling to the ground. I planted 7 of them on my footpath at the old house because it always reminded me of true autumn while a lot of Australian native trees don't.

As to why some Australians don't seem to wear warm clothes when it's cooler I can't answer. For myself I have heaps of winter clothes and at the first sign of cold weather I put them on.

Take my bed for example. I now have my winter sheets on, my summer doona, a summer blanket and my very warm feather doona and I was still cold last night. So this weekend I am going to unpack the electric blanket I have put away in the garage. I even wore a beanie to bed last night it was that cold at my house!

Regards
Susan H